WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

where the hell has the mask killer come from?
http://www.heroclixworld.com/HCW/images_html/Articles/Watchmen/Day2/MasKiller.jpg

Last edited by AvatarIII on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:39 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Link aint workin pal.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am 

somehow i pasted the link into the url twice :|

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 am 
…a puppet who can see the strings.

I don't understand the question, Avatar. He's from the beginning of the film, of course, and it wouldn't surprise me if his stats are very similar to Veidt's.

That's my disappointment with this set, tbh: too many repeats. Although the different poses are cool, we don't need that many Rorschach's, Dr Manhattan's, etc. I'd much rather have the complete Minutemen there too. As a commenter says:
Quote:
Kind of disappointed there's no Dollar Bill, Nite Owl 1, Mothman or Silhouette figures.

At least you can recreate The Comedian vs Sally Jupiter.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 am 

AYBGerrardo wrote:
I don't understand the question, Avatar. He's from the beginning of the film, of course, and it wouldn't surprise me if his stats are very similar to Veidt's.

That's my disappointment with this set, tbh: too many repeats. Although the different poses are cool, we don't need that many Rorschach's, Dr Manhattan's, etc. I'd much rather have the complete Minutemen there too. As a commenter says:
Quote:
Kind of disappointed there's no Dollar Bill, Nite Owl 1, Mothman or Silhouette figures.

don't worry i was being stupid, didn't make the connection that it was supposed to be veidt when he attacks the comedian.

i agree, only having half of the minutemen was an odd decision,

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm 
Minuteman

Has anyone considered that perhaps one of the 25 figures could be the chick that The Comedian knocked up in Viet-Nam? A removable fetus would be a bonus!!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 am 
Drinking a toast to absent friends.

JoeDoc wrote:
Has anyone considered that perhaps one of the 25 figures could be the chick that The Comedian knocked up in Viet-Nam? A removable fetus would be a bonus!!

AYBGerrardo wrote:

Too soon.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:34 am 

Oh shit, I made a rape joke? Alan Moore's gonna rape me now...

Anywho, playtest!

Quote:
The Watchmen set is an interesting one. The pieces all interact together fairly well. It's important to remember that this is not a set meant to be played against itself. If that is your goal, this set is not for you, as the team with the Unique Dr. Manhattan will probably win at least 90% of the time.

D:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Oh man. Not getting all the Minutemen really dampens my enthusiasm for this set. This is a most cruel and unusual decision. I need the Silhouette so the Twilight Lady has someone to hang out with.

Who the hell is responsible for making these dumb choices? I gotta suspect -- marketing men. Time to go break some fingers.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm 

Weird competition, the prize is a single figure, but worth a shot for Americans/Canadians here...
http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=165

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:49 pm 
Labored long to build a heaven.

AYBGerrardo wrote:
Weird competition, the prize is a single figure, but worth a shot for Americans/Canadians here...
http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=165

Kay; I entered.

I can't say that I'll be jumping for joy if I win, but free stuff's free stuff.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 pm 
...you're locked in here with me!

piper909 wrote:
Oh man. Not getting all the Minutemen really dampens my enthusiasm for this set. This is a most cruel and unusual decision. I need the Silhouette so the Twilight Lady has someone to hang out with.

QFT.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 pm 
Minuteman

Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

Now to put it on my shelf, forget about it, and never look at it again!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:56 pm 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

LMAO "these are super itchy"

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:12 pm 
The Watcher

HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

I got a set from the manufacturer for review. I hope to post my review this weekend. I'll even take some photos of all of them.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:38 pm 

Yay!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:41 am 
Minuteman

DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

I got a set from the manufacturer for review. I hope to post my review this weekend. I'll even take some photos of all of them.

Cool (especially since you got it for free. Free is good).

I think the packaging is really nice looking. Again, my only complaint is taking them out. They're really wedged in here.

I thought the detail on the figures was pretty good. The only thing that looked odd to me were the eyes. They were oversized and sometimes the pupils went in slightly different directions.

Not sure we needed two different knot tops ( a thug and a leader). The Kovacs one was especially neat.

But all in all, I think it's a very nice Watchmen collectible. It was a nice surprise to see something this cool released so long after the movie. It's a shame I don't play HeroClix (never heard of it before I saw this set).

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 am 
The Watcher

HarryKeogh wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

I think the packaging is really nice looking. Again, my only complaint is taking them out. They're really wedged in here.

I thought the detail on the figures was pretty good. The only thing that looked odd to me were the eyes. They were oversized and sometimes the pupils went in slightly different directions.

Not sure we needed two different knot tops ( a thug and a leader). The Kovacs one was especially neat.

But all in all, I think it's a very nice Watchmen collectible. It was a nice surprise to see something this cool released so long after the movie. It's a shame I don't play HeroClix (never heard of it before I saw this set).

If you look behind the plastic trays, they have cards for each piece which are very well done. There's no way to know there there unless you pull them out. Did you see those?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 am 
Minuteman

DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

If you look behind the plastic trays, they have cards for each piece which are very well done. There's no way to know there there unless you pull them out. Did you see those?

Thanks for pointing that out. I never would have found them! A good set just got a little better.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am 

Just saw this
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... oduct.html

6-pack coming out soon. Nice and affordable for those of us who want to build our Watchmen collection without spending a heap on that original box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next