WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Nov 14, 2018 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:32 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
where the hell has the mask killer come from?
http://www.heroclixworld.com/HCW/images_html/Articles/Watchmen/Day2/MasKiller.jpg

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Last edited by AvatarIII on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:39 am 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4978
Link aint workin pal.

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:22 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
somehow i pasted the link into the url twice :|

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:05 am 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: A stronger world
I don't understand the question, Avatar. He's from the beginning of the film, of course, and it wouldn't surprise me if his stats are very similar to Veidt's.

That's my disappointment with this set, tbh: too many repeats. Although the different poses are cool, we don't need that many Rorschach's, Dr Manhattan's, etc. I'd much rather have the complete Minutemen there too. As a commenter says:
Quote:
Kind of disappointed there's no Dollar Bill, Nite Owl 1, Mothman or Silhouette figures.

At least you can recreate The Comedian vs Sally Jupiter.

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:09 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7191
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
AYBGerrardo wrote:
I don't understand the question, Avatar. He's from the beginning of the film, of course, and it wouldn't surprise me if his stats are very similar to Veidt's.

That's my disappointment with this set, tbh: too many repeats. Although the different poses are cool, we don't need that many Rorschach's, Dr Manhattan's, etc. I'd much rather have the complete Minutemen there too. As a commenter says:
Quote:
Kind of disappointed there's no Dollar Bill, Nite Owl 1, Mothman or Silhouette figures.

At least you can recreate The Comedian vs Sally Jupiter.


don't worry i was being stupid, didn't make the connection that it was supposed to be veidt when he attacks the comedian.

i agree, only having half of the minutemen was an odd decision,

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 6:42 pm 
Offline
Minuteman

Joined: Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:22 am
Posts: 21
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, Earth
Has anyone considered that perhaps one of the 25 figures could be the chick that The Comedian knocked up in Viet-Nam? A removable fetus would be a bonus!!

_________________
Hands that help are better than lips that pray.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:11 am 
Offline
Drinking a toast to absent friends.
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:16 am
Posts: 1246
JoeDoc wrote:
Has anyone considered that perhaps one of the 25 figures could be the chick that The Comedian knocked up in Viet-Nam? A removable fetus would be a bonus!!

AYBGerrardo wrote:
At least you can recreate The Comedian vs Sally Jupiter.



Too soon.

_________________
" Funny STORY. Sounds UNBELIEVABLE. Probably TRUE."

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:34 am 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: A stronger world
Oh shit, I made a rape joke? Alan Moore's gonna rape me now...

Anywho, playtest!

Quote:
The Watchmen set is an interesting one. The pieces all interact together fairly well. It's important to remember that this is not a set meant to be played against itself. If that is your goal, this set is not for you, as the team with the Unique Dr. Manhattan will probably win at least 90% of the time.

D:

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:00 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Fri Apr 03, 2009 1:59 pm
Posts: 113
Location: Austin, TX
Oh man. Not getting all the Minutemen really dampens my enthusiasm for this set. This is a most cruel and unusual decision. I need the Silhouette so the Twilight Lady has someone to hang out with.

Who the hell is responsible for making these dumb choices? I gotta suspect -- marketing men. Time to go break some fingers.

_________________
Ego Ipse Custodes Custudio


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: A stronger world
Weird competition, the prize is a single figure, but worth a shot for Americans/Canadians here...
http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=165

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:49 pm 
Offline
Labored long to build a heaven.
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12480
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
AYBGerrardo wrote:
Weird competition, the prize is a single figure, but worth a shot for Americans/Canadians here...
http://www.heroclixworld.com/hcw/Articles.aspx?ID=165

Kay; I entered.

I can't say that I'll be jumping for joy if I win, but free stuff's free stuff.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:06 pm 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
piper909 wrote:
Oh man. Not getting all the Minutemen really dampens my enthusiasm for this set. This is a most cruel and unusual decision. I need the Silhouette so the Twilight Lady has someone to hang out with.


QFT.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:10 pm 
Offline
Minuteman

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:39 pm
Posts: 19
Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

Now to put it on my shelf, forget about it, and never look at it again!


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:56 pm 
Offline
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2009 1:26 pm
Posts: 5400
Location: Knee Deep in the Dead
LMAO "these are super itchy"

_________________
My letterboxd

I'll be right back. I gotta go see a man about a mule.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 12:12 pm 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

Now to put it on my shelf, forget about it, and never look at it again!

I got a set from the manufacturer for review. I hope to post my review this weekend. I'll even take some photos of all of them.

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:38 pm 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: A stronger world
Yay!

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:41 am 
Offline
Minuteman

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:39 pm
Posts: 19
DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

Now to put it on my shelf, forget about it, and never look at it again!

I got a set from the manufacturer for review. I hope to post my review this weekend. I'll even take some photos of all of them.


Cool (especially since you got it for free. Free is good).

I think the packaging is really nice looking. Again, my only complaint is taking them out. They're really wedged in here.

I thought the detail on the figures was pretty good. The only thing that looked odd to me were the eyes. They were oversized and sometimes the pupils went in slightly different directions.

Not sure we needed two different knot tops ( a thug and a leader). The Kovacs one was especially neat.

But all in all, I think it's a very nice Watchmen collectible. It was a nice surprise to see something this cool released so long after the movie. It's a shame I don't play HeroClix (never heard of it before I saw this set).


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:22 am 
Offline
The Watcher
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2007 8:58 am
Posts: 3650
Location: New York
HarryKeogh wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

Now to put it on my shelf, forget about it, and never look at it again!

I got a set from the manufacturer for review. I hope to post my review this weekend. I'll even take some photos of all of them.


Cool (especially since you got it for free. Free is good).

I think the packaging is really nice looking. Again, my only complaint is taking them out. They're really wedged in here.

I thought the detail on the figures was pretty good. The only thing that looked odd to me were the eyes. They were oversized and sometimes the pupils went in slightly different directions.

Not sure we needed two different knot tops ( a thug and a leader). The Kovacs one was especially neat.

But all in all, I think it's a very nice Watchmen collectible. It was a nice surprise to see something this cool released so long after the movie. It's a shame I don't play HeroClix (never heard of it before I saw this set).

If you look behind the plastic trays, they have cards for each piece which are very well done. There's no way to know there there unless you pull them out. Did you see those?

_________________
Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music - George Carlin


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2010 10:59 am 
Offline
Minuteman

Joined: Sat Feb 13, 2010 3:39 pm
Posts: 19
DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
DoomsdayClock wrote:
HarryKeogh wrote:
Got it!

Looks good. (hard to take the figures out of the case though, afraid I'm going to break 'em.)

Now to put it on my shelf, forget about it, and never look at it again!

I got a set from the manufacturer for review. I hope to post my review this weekend. I'll even take some photos of all of them.


Cool (especially since you got it for free. Free is good).

I think the packaging is really nice looking. Again, my only complaint is taking them out. They're really wedged in here.

I thought the detail on the figures was pretty good. The only thing that looked odd to me were the eyes. They were oversized and sometimes the pupils went in slightly different directions.

Not sure we needed two different knot tops ( a thug and a leader). The Kovacs one was especially neat.

But all in all, I think it's a very nice Watchmen collectible. It was a nice surprise to see something this cool released so long after the movie. It's a shame I don't play HeroClix (never heard of it before I saw this set).

If you look behind the plastic trays, they have cards for each piece which are very well done. There's no way to know there there unless you pull them out. Did you see those?


Thanks for pointing that out. I never would have found them! A good set just got a little better.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:32 am 
Offline
…a puppet who can see the strings.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:42 pm
Posts: 8542
Location: A stronger world
Just saw this
http://www.play.com/Gadgets/Gadgets/4-/ ... oduct.html

6-pack coming out soon. Nice and affordable for those of us who want to build our Watchmen collection without spending a heap on that original box.

_________________
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
it was tying it into the rape-revenge stories and making light of a verys erious sub-genre that kind of offended me.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 63 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.151s | 14 Queries | GZIP : Off ]