WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 
Author Message
PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 am 
Offline
A pretty butterfly.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 8:12 pm
Posts: 925
Location: New Jersey
I came across this video on YouTube. He brings up some interesting ideas, like comparing Doctor Manhattan to the Egyptian Sun God, but I'm not too well versed on the topic of the Illuminati or the New World Order.

Those who are more knowledgeable than me on this topic will be able to see if anything he said is actually valid. Some of what he said shows a shocking level of stupidity, like saying Nite Owl II is "one of the biggest rip-offs of all-time."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtxZGpiPfIU

_________________
"With our thoughts we make the world."
-- Gautama Buddha


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:18 am 
Offline
So impotent.

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 4
I'd say Veidt's definatly supposed to be either a member or a personification of the Masons/Illuminait. I mean, the 2 most well-known symbols of the Illuminati are the All-Seeing Eye and the pyramid, and Veidt wear's the eye on his costume, and has a pyramid as the symbol for his cover-up company, as well as his agenda to usher in a new age and the egyptian decor of his office. If any of that was said in the video, sorry for being redundant, my computer has no sound :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:20 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
Remember that one guy that was here for a while that had a whole website devoted to this concept?

I think he got banned for being nutter butters

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:01 am
Posts: 7955
Location: Clackamas, OR
I don't recall banning him, I think he just went away.

Anyway, I'd say that common symbols are hardly proof of an Illuminati connection. They use Egyptian symbolism and Veidt uses Egyptian symbolism. Could easily be coincidence.

_________________
This is truly a madhouse. And I'm the lunatic running it. I've spent three years wondering if I should be proud or ashamed.

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 pm 
Offline
New Frontiersman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm
Posts: 316
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Remember that one guy that was here for a while that had a whole website devoted to this concept?


The user was Avenging World... and make of this what you will.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 pm 
Offline
So impotent.

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 4
Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I don't recall banning him, I think he just went away.

Anyway, I'd say that common symbols are hardly proof of an Illuminati connection. They use Egyptian symbolism and Veidt uses Egyptian symbolism. Could easily be coincidence.



It could easily be coincidence, just saying, there's plenty of symbolism in the book, whether intentional or not.
On a side note, the villains from the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel had directly masonic symbols on their uniforms, so maybe Moore at least knows of the conspiracy theories.

And with the theme of conspiracy, on Rorschach's part at least, throwing in elements from real-life conspiracy theories would be thesible.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:08 pm 
Offline
New Frontiersman
User avatar

Joined: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:26 pm
Posts: 316
Hangar18 wrote:
On a side note, the villains from the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel had directly masonic symbols on their uniforms, so maybe Moore at least knows of the conspiracy theories.

From Hell?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:32 pm 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:21 am
Posts: 27
Moore is into all the ritual magic(k) lore and I think Veidt is quite deliberately decked out not so much as an Egyptian motif character as a Nazi style mystic would-be superman- willpower, self above all, world historic destiny etc. They use that symbolism too. And of course CIA as a death cult has freemasonic deep roots and Ozymandias and Comedian both plug into that. Which is why the Old King -Comedian- has to be killed by the Young King -Ozymandias-. However his sacrifice is only barely adequate: the big blue god doesn't reward (or punish) him.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:09 pm 
Offline
So impotent.

Joined: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:06 am
Posts: 4
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Hangar18 wrote:
On a side note, the villains from the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel had directly masonic symbols on their uniforms, so maybe Moore at least knows of the conspiracy theories.

From Hell?



I've never read From Hell, but I'll have to look into it. I'm referring to when they where on the huge airship, and the villains had green, Nazi-esque uniforms. On there chests where the compass and square.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:38 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Remember that one guy that was here for a while that had a whole website devoted to this concept?


The user was Avenging World... and make of this what you will.



It's been a long time since I've been on that site... and it wasn't long enough

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:36 am 
Offline
Government-Sponsored Weirdo
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 16, 2008 8:39 am
Posts: 7180
Location: Everywhere, Everywhen, UK.
Hangar18 wrote:
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Hangar18 wrote:
On a side note, the villains from the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel had directly masonic symbols on their uniforms, so maybe Moore at least knows of the conspiracy theories.

From Hell?



I've never read From Hell, but I'll have to look into it. I'm referring to when they where on the huge airship, and the villains had green, Nazi-esque uniforms. On there chests where the compass and square.



it was moriarty, and yes, the only gifference between his symbol and the proper mason symbol is the M, would be a G in a proper freemason symbol.

_________________
We're all actors, Laurie. I'm just an actor who read the script. :?
ImageImageImage


Last edited by AvatarIII on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 am 
Offline
...you're locked in here with me!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
AvatarIII wrote:
it was moriarty, and yes, the only gifference between his symbol and the proper mason symbol is the M, would be a G in a proper stonemason symbol.


Man...............The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen............man.

Seriously, fuck the guys who made the movie :|

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:44 am 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:02 pm
Posts: 124
I just wanted to show people something. I'd assume Alan Moore was a conspiracy buff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGY97aL5l3c


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Offline
Crimebuster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 21, 2010 6:21 am
Posts: 27
Ozymandias uses the trappings, and has the attitude, of what is now commonly called the NWO, not specifically the freemasons.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 14 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.135s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]