WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 5:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 9:07 am 
A pretty butterfly.

I came across this video on YouTube. He brings up some interesting ideas, like comparing Doctor Manhattan to the Egyptian Sun God, but I'm not too well versed on the topic of the Illuminati or the New World Order.

Those who are more knowledgeable than me on this topic will be able to see if anything he said is actually valid. Some of what he said shows a shocking level of stupidity, like saying Nite Owl II is "one of the biggest rip-offs of all-time."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FtxZGpiPfIU

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:18 am 
So impotent.

I'd say Veidt's definatly supposed to be either a member or a personification of the Masons/Illuminait. I mean, the 2 most well-known symbols of the Illuminati are the All-Seeing Eye and the pyramid, and Veidt wear's the eye on his costume, and has a pyramid as the symbol for his cover-up company, as well as his agenda to usher in a new age and the egyptian decor of his office. If any of that was said in the video, sorry for being redundant, my computer has no sound :lol:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:20 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Remember that one guy that was here for a while that had a whole website devoted to this concept?

I think he got banned for being nutter butters

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:14 pm 
Indestructible Man

I don't recall banning him, I think he just went away.

Anyway, I'd say that common symbols are hardly proof of an Illuminati connection. They use Egyptian symbolism and Veidt uses Egyptian symbolism. Could easily be coincidence.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:35 pm 
New Frontiersman

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Remember that one guy that was here for a while that had a whole website devoted to this concept?

The user was Avenging World... and make of this what you will.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:23 pm 
So impotent.

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
I don't recall banning him, I think he just went away.

Anyway, I'd say that common symbols are hardly proof of an Illuminati connection. They use Egyptian symbolism and Veidt uses Egyptian symbolism. Could easily be coincidence.

It could easily be coincidence, just saying, there's plenty of symbolism in the book, whether intentional or not.
On a side note, the villains from the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel had directly masonic symbols on their uniforms, so maybe Moore at least knows of the conspiracy theories.

And with the theme of conspiracy, on Rorschach's part at least, throwing in elements from real-life conspiracy theories would be thesible.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:08 pm 
New Frontiersman

Hangar18 wrote:
On a side note, the villains from the first League of Extraordinary Gentlemen graphic novel had directly masonic symbols on their uniforms, so maybe Moore at least knows of the conspiracy theories.

From Hell?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 6:32 pm 
Crimebuster

Moore is into all the ritual magic(k) lore and I think Veidt is quite deliberately decked out not so much as an Egyptian motif character as a Nazi style mystic would-be superman- willpower, self above all, world historic destiny etc. They use that symbolism too. And of course CIA as a death cult has freemasonic deep roots and Ozymandias and Comedian both plug into that. Which is why the Old King -Comedian- has to be killed by the Young King -Ozymandias-. However his sacrifice is only barely adequate: the big blue god doesn't reward (or punish) him.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 7:09 pm 
So impotent.

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Hangar18 wrote:

From Hell?

I've never read From Hell, but I'll have to look into it. I'm referring to when they where on the huge airship, and the villains had green, Nazi-esque uniforms. On there chests where the compass and square.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:38 am 

Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

The user was Avenging World... and make of this what you will.

It's been a long time since I've been on that site... and it wasn't long enough

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:36 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

Hangar18 wrote:
Writer Of Wrongs wrote:
Hangar18 wrote:

From Hell?

I've never read From Hell, but I'll have to look into it. I'm referring to when they where on the huge airship, and the villains had green, Nazi-esque uniforms. On there chests where the compass and square.

it was moriarty, and yes, the only gifference between his symbol and the proper mason symbol is the M, would be a G in a proper freemason symbol.

Last edited by AvatarIII on Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:32 am 

it was moriarty, and yes, the only gifference between his symbol and the proper mason symbol is the M, would be a G in a proper stonemason symbol.

Man...............The League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen............man.

Seriously, fuck the guys who made the movie :|

PostPosted: Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:44 am 
Alien Squid Monster

I just wanted to show people something. I'd assume Alan Moore was a conspiracy buff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGY97aL5l3c

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:23 pm 
Crimebuster

Ozymandias uses the trappings, and has the attitude, of what is now commonly called the NWO, not specifically the freemasons.