WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next
PostPosted: Sun Jan 08, 2012 11:06 am 
...you're locked in here with me!

Ghondar wrote:
Bitch don't know about Cordoba, Mendoza and Santa Cruz in Argentina :)

None of those are as dangerous though :) ....................... :cry:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:43 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

There's this friend of mine who has been working on a short film with me. Since last summer or so, she has been having stomach trouble. Apparently, some pretty sharp pains along with diahrrea and vomiting. She was told she had an infection and was taking antibiotics and it went away. But now, it has come back again and she will be put into analysis and she will get the results back in four weeks. She's been depressed and scared; she's afraid it might be something as bad as Cancer and I got down to thinking about it, and it makes me very sad to think that I could be losing her so soon. And I just don't know what to say to her or how to act about it. She tells me that she'd rather not talk about it and that's fine, but like, I don't know if we should continue with what we're doing or overall what to say, what not to say. I live with the thought that I could lose someone very close to me very soon because of the city I live in, but when it actually becomes a tangible possibility, it's just painful.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:59 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

TheMovieDude wrote:
There's this friend of mine who has been working on a short film with me. Since last summer or so, she has been having stomach trouble. Apparently, some pretty sharp pains along with diahrrea and vomiting. She was told she had an infection and was taking antibiotics and it went away. But now, it has come back again and she will be put into analysis and she will get the results back in four weeks. She's been depressed and scared; she's afraid it might be something as bad as Cancer and I got down to thinking about it, and it makes me very sad to think that I could be losing her so soon. And I just don't know what to say to her or how to act about it. She tells me that she'd rather not talk about it and that's fine, but like, I don't know if we should continue with what we're doing or overall what to say, what not to say. I live with the thought that I could lose someone very close to me very soon because of the city I live in, but when it actually becomes a tangible possibility, it's just painful.

Damn, I hope your friend's okay and the tests come back negative.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:06 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Godziller66 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

Damn, I hope your friend's okay and the tests come back negative.

Me too, but I'm just not sure what to say or do, just how to act overall.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:13 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:

Be there whenever you can, and offer yor support.

If you are the religious type you could also pray.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 10:29 am 
Government-Sponsored Weirdo

feliciano182 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

Be there whenever you can, and offer yor support.

If you are the religious type you could also pray.

or if not, you could try positive affirmation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:07 am 
Indestructible Man

TheMovieDude wrote:

Try not to waste your time worrying until the tests come back. If they're negative, then there's nothing to worry about.

If they're positive, just be there. Pay the occasional hospital visit, drive her to or from treatment if you can, that sort of thing. Also, offer her other friends and family a shoulder to cry on. They'll need the support as much as you will.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:15 am 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Try not to waste your time worrying until the tests come back. If they're negative, then there's nothing to worry about.

If they're positive, just be there. Pay the occasional hospital visit, drive her to or from treatment if you can, that sort of thing. Also, offer her other friends and family a shoulder to cry on. They'll need the support as much as you will.

This

And not just for emotional reasons, some studies show people can live beyond five years from diagnosis if they have a healthy emotional life, which usually stems from support groups.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:00 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

So, do you think that we should continue working on what we're doing (A short film)? I ask because from our conversations, I know her interest is still there but her worrying and depression about her whole situation were pretty evident. I could tell she wasn't 100% on this because of what's going on. Of course, I didn't realize this until we talked about her tests last night, before that, I thought it was more due to me being kind of pressing about it or I was thinking that I was getting into a situation where our talks and meetings were becoming awkward because she has a boyfriend, and probably didn't want us to see or talk to each other (Been there, done that). It wasn't until she told me her concerns about her illness and how it was affecting her that it came to my mind that that was the problem.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:23 pm 
Indestructible Man

You're the director. Do what you think will be best for the film.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 4:32 pm 
Dog Carcass in Alley

TheMovieDude wrote:
So, do you think that we should continue working on what we're doing (A short film)

I think you should postpone any of her scenes. At least until she finds out her results. She's probably not going to be in the right frame of mind, and probably wouldn't be up to it physically.

"Heard them Walthers like to jump some" "As will you, with one in your elbow."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:30 pm 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

t3cii wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:
So, do you think that we should continue working on what we're doing (A short film)

I think you should postpone any of her scenes. At least until she finds out her results. She's probably not going to be in the right frame of mind, and probably wouldn't be up to it physically.

Yeah, I might do that. I've had to work with actors who were having personal issues and some people take it better than others, but she's the type who seems to need a break.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:33 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Not really a big deal, just something that in retrospect is hilarious. But my mom and my two younger siblings were downstairs in the dining room, watching a movie and when it ended, "Ghost Ship" came on. And well, the first fiv minutes or so of the movie are pretty much this wire going through this entire cruise, cutting people in half. And I warned them "Look, this is really nasty. I don't think you guys should be watching this". They didn't listen to me. So when that scene came on I jokingly said "Why do I suddenly feel like two people?". And my mom began to yell at me calling me sick, calling the filmmaker sick and then she yelled something about newspaper headlines and ran off.

I wish I could have told her that at least I'm aware it's a stupid movie and that I'm so aware of it that I can make fun of it. But with her and with anyone in my family really, it's better to let shit ride. But it reminded me why I prefer not to watch movies with my parents anymore.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 4:46 am 
Tired of Earth.

TheMovieDude wrote:
Not really a big deal, just something that in retrospect is hilarious. But my mom and my two younger siblings were downstairs in the dining room, watching a movie and when it ended, "Ghost Ship" came on. And well, the first fiv minutes or so of the movie are pretty much this wire going through this entire cruise, cutting people in half. And I warned them "Look, this is really nasty. I don't think you guys should be watching this". They didn't listen to me. So when that scene came on I jokingly said "Why do I suddenly feel like two people?". And my mom began to yell at me calling me sick, calling the filmmaker sick and then she yelled something about newspaper headlines and ran off.

I wish I could have told her that at least I'm aware it's a stupid movie and that I'm so aware of it that I can make fun of it. But with her and with anyone in my family really, it's better to let shit ride. But it reminded me why I prefer not to watch movies with my parents anymore.

Oh God, that movie is so terrible.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2012 5:08 am 

WJK wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

Oh God, that movie is so terrible.

I prefer Oscar's House 2: Meet the Clumps.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:01 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Again, something minor but a bit worrysome. I've had this stye in my right pupil for about a month now. I also got one over the summer and I remember that putting ice on it made it go away after one or two weeks, but this one, it only made it worse and I read that ice can actually make them worse. I've just been putting hot compresses on it and it doesn't seem to have gone away at all.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:06 am 

TheMovieDude wrote:
Again, something minor but a bit worrysome. I've had this stye in my right pupil for about a month now. I also got one over the summer and I remember that putting ice on it made it go away after one or two weeks, but this one, it only made it worse and I read that ice can actually make them worse. I've just been putting hot compresses on it and it doesn't seem to have gone away at all.

Maybe you should visit a dermatologist or something.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:21 am 
Genetically-Altered Lynx

Godziller66 wrote:
TheMovieDude wrote:

Maybe you should visit a dermatologist or something.

I'm thinking I may have to do that or visit an eye doctor. I hope I don't have to get surgery, though!

Last edited by TheMovieDude on Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 2:27 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

Getting braces tomorrow.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2012 9:09 am 

Smutty wrote:
Getting braces tomorrow.

What the.........how ? Why ?!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 443 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 ... 23  Next