WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 8:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 3:25 pm 
Indestructible Man

So I just finished it. Color me extremely intrigued, I'll have to check out the other Solar stuff soon.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 4:59 pm 
Crimebuster

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
jmpet wrote:
Funny part is when Dark Horse started reprinting GK Solar #1-31 I contacted them and told them that I owned GK Solar #32- an unpublished comic... I have the blue line copy which is the only copy in existence. They emailed me back a year and a half later and I had buried it somewhere in the house by then.

Wait... how do you have an unpublished comic?

Bought it almost a decade ago from Southebys. It's a blue line copy... it's what the printer sends to the publisher for final approval before they print the comic book.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:01 pm 
Crimebuster

Godziller66 wrote:
So I just finished it. Color me extremely intrigued, I'll have to check out the other Solar stuff soon.

Yeah... "Second Death", which is Solar #1-4, is the second half of the story.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:20 pm 
Indestructible Man

jmpet wrote:
Bought it almost a decade ago from Southebys. It's a blue line copy... it's what the printer sends to the publisher for final approval before they print the comic book.

Yeah, but how did that get put up for sale

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:22 pm 
Indestructible Man

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
jmpet wrote:

Maybe since the comic didn't go into publishing, it just got sold at a garage sale or something?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:02 pm 
Crimebuster

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
jmpet wrote:

Don't exactly remember. May have been an estate sale from a Gold Key artist... I also picked up a 1940 Uncle Sam ink piece that's hanging in my living room- classic Americana.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:35 am 
Crimebuster

I got divorced in 2004 and moved to another state. I have been bringing my comic book collection up here to PA 2-3 long boxes at a time for the past several years whenever I went to NY, at this point I have about 75% of my books.

ANYWHO... I found three copies of Alpha and Omega- the original softcover that includes the giant poster that is the last panel. They go on eBay for $8-12 each. I got one to give someone here- someone who would most appreciate it gratis.

I hope all you dedicated fans real A&O and are all blown away by that book- I want that one person that appreciates it the best.

Of course I can always give it to DoomsdayClock and let him decide. But if you're into classic comic book storytelling then I am about to take you on a short journey.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:42 pm 
Indestructible Man

jmpet wrote:
I got divorced in 2004 and moved to another state. I have been bringing my comic book collection up here to PA 2-3 long boxes at a time for the past several years whenever I went to NY, at this point I have about 75% of my books.

ANYWHO... I found three copies of Alpha and Omega- the original softcover that includes the giant poster that is the last panel. They go on eBay for $8-12 each. I got one to give someone here- someone who would most appreciate it gratis.

I hope all you dedicated fans real A&O and are all blown away by that book- I want that one person that appreciates it the best.

Of course I can always give it to DoomsdayClock and let him decide. But if you're into classic comic book storytelling then I am about to take you on a short journey.

Does this journey involve a magic carpet ride? Cuz I'd totally go on it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:51 pm 
Crimebuster

No magic carpet ride but it involeves A&O softcover plus Solar #1-4 "Second Death".

Who is the most worthy person to bestow this to?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:05 pm 
Indestructible Man

jmpet wrote:
No magic carpet ride but it involeves A&O softcover plus Solar #1-4 "Second Death".

Not me. I'm a horrible human being.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:22 pm 
Indestructible Man

jmpet wrote:

I read it first...

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:43 pm 
Crimebuster

Feliciano is the winner! Enjoy- just make sure you post what you think about these awesome books here!