WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 pm 
Indestructible Man

I highly disagree, but The Gutters had this to say about CBM.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:35 pm 
Indestructible Man

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Yeah, me too. I didn't get any of that from watching the show.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:40 pm 
Indestructible Man

Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

I think I had very, very, VERY, different expectations on what this show was going to be about.

For starters, if I wanted to see Pawn Stars, I would see Pawn Stars, I didn't really need another show doing the same thing in a much crappier way.

Also, that guy Bryan..................what the fuck is he doing there ?!!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:51 pm 
Indestructible Man

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

I think I had very, very, VERY, different expectations on what this show was going to be about.

For starters, if I wanted to see Pawn Stars, I would see Pawn Stars, I didn't really need another show doing the same thing in a much crappier way.

Godziller66 wrote:
So this looks like it might be pretty intriguing: http://www.amctv.com/shows/comic-book-men

It seems like a Pawn Stars-esque show about a comic book shop, so I'll definitely check it out.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:02 pm 
Indestructible Man

Godziller66 wrote:
So this looks like it might be pretty intriguing: http://www.amctv.com/shows/comic-book-men

It seems like a Pawn Stars-esque show about a comic book shop, so I'll definitely check it out.

Oops :lol:

Still, the fact that the best scene was Kevin Smith telling a story of how he once tried to pick a girl doesn't say much about the entire concept of the show..........and that guy Bryan, holy fuck.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:14 pm 
Indestructible Man

feliciano182 wrote:
Still, the fact that the best scene was Kevin Smith telling a story of how he once tried to pick a girl doesn't say much about the entire concept of the show..........and that guy Bryan, holy fuck.

I thought it was great, you had those classic comic shop conversations and some pawn star elements. I really like it.

Also, Bryan made me laugh several times, the whole group did.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 am 
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.

I pretty much agree with Brooklyn on this, I quite liked it, although my only gripe is that some parts of it seemed staged.
And yeah, I thought Bryan was pretty funny.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm 
Indestructible Man

Smutty wrote:
I pretty much agree with Brooklyn on this, I quite liked it, although my only gripe is that some parts of it seemed staged.
And yeah, I thought Bryan was pretty funny.

From what I hear, most of it was staged. apparently it wans't supposed ot be a reality show, but AMC kind of stiff armed them into that so t's still staged (liked most reality shows).

I was at my local comic shop yesterday and most of the buzz there was quite negative. The people there, especially the owner, expected different thigns from the show and hoped for more customer interaction.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:08 pm 
Indestructible Man

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I was at my local comic shop yesterday and most of the buzz there was quite negative. The people there, especially the owner, expected different thigns from the show and hoped for more customer interaction.

They will probably introduce it as the show moves forward, at least that's what I would hope if they want to keep the show fresh.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:12 pm 
Indestructible Man

feliciano182 wrote:
They will probably introduce it as the show moves forward, at least that's what I would hope if they want to keep the show fresh.

Yeah, I felt like this episode was just trying to flesh out the main people before they actually got into anything major

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm 
Indestructible Man

Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on watching episode 2 tonight? I know a lot of people disliked the pilot, so I was wondering how many people are sticking around

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm 
Indestructible Man

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on watching episode 2 tonight? I know a lot of people disliked the pilot, so I was wondering how many people are sticking around

I definitely will if I remember.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Me! I actually really enjoyed the pilot to be honest. My favorite bits were Smith's story about him dressing up as Batman and the girl who came in with the Chucky doll. Shit was Chucky to begin with, toppled ontop the fact she didn't even have the package and it was a Spencer's product. Couldn't have been worth more then 30 tops, I was dying the whole time watching their reactions.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 am 
Indestructible Man

Another episode has come and gone, and I liked this one. I liked more of a focus on comic books and hope they get more into that and away from the side stuff (in this case hockey) I want more podcasts blended with sales

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:46 am 
Indestructible Man

So yeah, newest episode: "What's more important, a Godzilla in a box or a girlfriend in a wedding dress?"

*instantly thinks Godzilla in a box*

Also, the guy was wrong about Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah being the first appearance of that particular suit design. It was actually one movie earlier in Godzilla vs. Biollante.

*arrogantly dons sunglasses*

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 am 
Indestructible Man

Godziller66 wrote:
So yeah, newest episode: "What's more important, a Godzilla in a box or a girlfriend in a wedding dress?"

Also, the guy was wrong about Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah being the first appearance of that particular suit design. It was actually one movie earlier in Godzilla vs. Biollante.

And you still think this show is worth watching ?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:

And you still think this show is worth watching ?

Are you drunk?
Every episode has been better than the one before it. The show was still looking for it's stride in the first two, but it went from something mediocre to a great show for comic book fans with episodes three and four, and there's really nothing else out there like this.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 am 
Indestructible Man

Smutty wrote:
Are you drunk?
Every episode has been better than the one before it. The show was still looking for it's stride in the first two, but it went from something mediocre to a great show for comic book fans with episodes three and four, and there's really nothing else out there like this.

If there was any improvement, it must've been MASSIVE, the pilot episode was absolutely terrible.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:07 am 

feliciano182 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
Are you drunk?

If there was any improvement, it must've been MASSIVE, the pilot episode was absolutely terrible.

Do you judge every show by it's pilot?
If so, I'm suprised that you stuck with things like Lost and Buffy

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 am 
Indestructible Man

Smutty wrote:
Do you judge every show by it's pilot?

If so, I'm suprised that you stuck with things like Lost and Buffy

You know how I know you're drunk ?

You think the LOST pilot wasn't one of the most amazing pieces of TV in the last decade.

I don't usually judge a show merely by the pilot, but it was just THAT bad, wether you like to enter a denial phase and say otherwise, that's your problem :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next