WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum


Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:08 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:31 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
I highly disagree, but The Gutters had this to say about CBM.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:35 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12128
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Yeah, me too. I didn't get any of that from watching the show.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:40 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Yeah, me too. I didn't get any of that from watching the show.


I think I had very, very, VERY, different expectations on what this show was going to be about.

For starters, if I wanted to see Pawn Stars, I would see Pawn Stars, I didn't really need another show doing the same thing in a much crappier way.

Also, that guy Bryan..................what the fuck is he doing there ?!!

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 1:51 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12128
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:

Yeah, me too. I didn't get any of that from watching the show.


I think I had very, very, VERY, different expectations on what this show was going to be about.

For starters, if I wanted to see Pawn Stars, I would see Pawn Stars, I didn't really need another show doing the same thing in a much crappier way.

...

Godziller66 wrote:
So this looks like it might be pretty intriguing: http://www.amctv.com/shows/comic-book-men

It seems like a Pawn Stars-esque show about a comic book shop, so I'll definitely check it out.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 2:02 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
Godziller66 wrote:
So this looks like it might be pretty intriguing: http://www.amctv.com/shows/comic-book-men

It seems like a Pawn Stars-esque show about a comic book shop, so I'll definitely check it out.


Oops :lol:

Still, the fact that the best scene was Kevin Smith telling a story of how he once tried to pick a girl doesn't say much about the entire concept of the show..........and that guy Bryan, holy fuck.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 4:14 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
feliciano182 wrote:
Still, the fact that the best scene was Kevin Smith telling a story of how he once tried to pick a girl doesn't say much about the entire concept of the show..........and that guy Bryan, holy fuck.


I thought it was great, you had those classic comic shop conversations and some pawn star elements. I really like it.

Also, Bryan made me laugh several times, the whole group did.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:23 am 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4976
I pretty much agree with Brooklyn on this, I quite liked it, although my only gripe is that some parts of it seemed staged.
And yeah, I thought Bryan was pretty funny.

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:44 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
Smutty wrote:
I pretty much agree with Brooklyn on this, I quite liked it, although my only gripe is that some parts of it seemed staged.
And yeah, I thought Bryan was pretty funny.


From what I hear, most of it was staged. apparently it wans't supposed ot be a reality show, but AMC kind of stiff armed them into that so t's still staged (liked most reality shows).

I was at my local comic shop yesterday and most of the buzz there was quite negative. The people there, especially the owner, expected different thigns from the show and hoped for more customer interaction.

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:08 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
I was at my local comic shop yesterday and most of the buzz there was quite negative. The people there, especially the owner, expected different thigns from the show and hoped for more customer interaction.


They will probably introduce it as the show moves forward, at least that's what I would hope if they want to keep the show fresh.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:12 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
feliciano182 wrote:
They will probably introduce it as the show moves forward, at least that's what I would hope if they want to keep the show fresh.


Yeah, I felt like this episode was just trying to flesh out the main people before they actually got into anything major

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:10 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on watching episode 2 tonight? I know a lot of people disliked the pilot, so I was wondering how many people are sticking around

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 4:53 pm 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12128
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on watching episode 2 tonight? I know a lot of people disliked the pilot, so I was wondering how many people are sticking around

I definitely will if I remember.

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 9:25 pm 
Offline
Alien Squid Monster
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:27 pm
Posts: 144
Dr. Brooklyn wrote:
Out of curiosity, how many people are planning on watching episode 2 tonight? I know a lot of people disliked the pilot, so I was wondering how many people are sticking around


Me! I actually really enjoyed the pilot to be honest. My favorite bits were Smith's story about him dressing up as Batman and the girl who came in with the Chucky doll. Shit was Chucky to begin with, toppled ontop the fact she didn't even have the package and it was a Spencer's product. Couldn't have been worth more then 30 tops, I was dying the whole time watching their reactions.

_________________
Fire Rises
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:52 am 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 22, 2008 9:19 pm
Posts: 10658
Location: Arkham, Mass.
Another episode has come and gone, and I liked this one. I liked more of a focus on comic books and hope they get more into that and away from the side stuff (in this case hockey) I want more podcasts blended with sales

_________________
@RealSlimCAvery
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:46 am 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:48 pm
Posts: 12128
Location: Monster Island (Really New York)
So yeah, newest episode: "What's more important, a Godzilla in a box or a girlfriend in a wedding dress?"

*instantly thinks Godzilla in a box*

Also, the guy was wrong about Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah being the first appearance of that particular suit design. It was actually one movie earlier in Godzilla vs. Biollante.

*arrogantly dons sunglasses*

_________________
"The world is a fine place and worth fighting for." I agree with the second part.
Image
"There's a cello in your house now."


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:39 am 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
Godziller66 wrote:
So yeah, newest episode: "What's more important, a Godzilla in a box or a girlfriend in a wedding dress?"

*instantly thinks Godzilla in a box*

Also, the guy was wrong about Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah being the first appearance of that particular suit design. It was actually one movie earlier in Godzilla vs. Biollante.

*arrogantly dons sunglasses*


...................................

And you still think this show is worth watching ?

Image

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:01 am 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4976
feliciano182 wrote:
Godziller66 wrote:
So yeah, newest episode: "What's more important, a Godzilla in a box or a girlfriend in a wedding dress?"

*instantly thinks Godzilla in a box*

Also, the guy was wrong about Godzilla vs. King Ghidorah being the first appearance of that particular suit design. It was actually one movie earlier in Godzilla vs. Biollante.

*arrogantly dons sunglasses*


...................................

And you still think this show is worth watching ?

Image


Are you drunk?
Every episode has been better than the one before it. The show was still looking for it's stride in the first two, but it went from something mediocre to a great show for comic book fans with episodes three and four, and there's really nothing else out there like this.

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:04 am 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
Smutty wrote:
Are you drunk?
Every episode has been better than the one before it. The show was still looking for it's stride in the first two, but it went from something mediocre to a great show for comic book fans with episodes three and four, and there's really nothing else out there like this.


If there was any improvement, it must've been MASSIVE, the pilot episode was absolutely terrible.

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:07 am 
Offline
Never compromise. Not even in the face of Armageddon.
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 4976
feliciano182 wrote:
Smutty wrote:
Are you drunk?
Every episode has been better than the one before it. The show was still looking for it's stride in the first two, but it went from something mediocre to a great show for comic book fans with episodes three and four, and there's really nothing else out there like this.


If there was any improvement, it must've been MASSIVE, the pilot episode was absolutely terrible.


Do you judge every show by it's pilot?
If so, I'm suprised that you stuck with things like Lost and Buffy

_________________
Say, Doc, did I ever tell you I'm the only metal that's liquid at room temperature?


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 am 
Offline
Indestructible Man
User avatar

Joined: Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:53 pm
Posts: 10194
Smutty wrote:
Do you judge every show by it's pilot?

If so, I'm suprised that you stuck with things like Lost and Buffy


You know how I know you're drunk ?

You think the LOST pilot wasn't one of the most amazing pieces of TV in the last decade.

I don't usually judge a show merely by the pilot, but it was just THAT bad, wether you like to enter a denial phase and say otherwise, that's your problem :lol:

_________________
Image


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 75 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 5 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
[ Time : 0.131s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]