WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:27 am 
Labored long to build a heaven.

Hatoful Boyfriend is the real man's game.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 2:53 am 

Holy fuck. Hotline Miami 2 is one of the craziest games I've ever played. I mean, the first one was crazy, but this one amps it the fuck up. Told from multiple characters' viewpoints in an anthology-like format, this conclusion to the series expands on the world of Hotline Miami while skipping back and forth through time, serving as both a prequel and a sequel. It really delivered. That said, you definitely shouldn't play it without playing the original. But they're both fantastic, so it's all good.

Also, the soundtracks to both are amazing. If you like electronic music, you'll be in heaven.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 10:24 pm 
Tired of Earth.

yeah i can't wait for the level editor to come out for hm2, gonna mess with that a lot.

also hooray we've hit 100 pages in this thread.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 6:40 am 
I don't think there is a god. And if there is I'm nothing like him.

Alien Isolation - fucking awesome

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 10:48 am 
Tired of Earth.

So the PC version of GTA V finally came out

and well it might be the finest Rockstar release ever. The director mode is a really neat touch, and that you can record gameplay on the go and give all sorts of fancy touchups to make a quick movie. Neat shit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 21, 2015 11:19 am 

^ still need to invest in that shit

but otherwise-

Crackdown - holy shit this game is awesome. I mean, it's nothing overly unique, but it reminds me of Judge Dredd a lot.
Gears of War 2 - Pretty much what I expected, but really damn good nonetheless.
Dead Rising - Enough Zombie bashing action for it to be fun, but I really dislike Capcom's whole... style.
Destroy All Humans! 2 - Not as fun I think as the first one because there's much to be said about fucking with cows, but hippies are almost as good. Not a bad game at all. Still a blast.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:25 am 
Tired of Earth.

so in anticipation for the next metal gear solid game, i've been running through the series to get myself all caught up

mgs - great for those who are new to the series
mgs2 - that end conversation blew my mind, best in the series so far
mgs3 - good gameplay, pretty good plot, i think the theme song is the best thing about it though
mgs4 - better gameplay, fine story and a nice way to end some seemingly endless plotholes and whatnot

currently playing peace walker, which takes place not very long before ground zeroes and phantom pain, and while it's a pretty neat base-building army management simulator i'd rather just plow through the story and be done with it. someday i'll probably get around to playing the old metal gear and metal gear 2, but to speed things up i just watched a movie of the gameplay and story. not to mention half the shit gets ret-conned as each game comes out anyway, so really just reading a sum-up is the best thing to do for those.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:47 pm 

WJK wrote:
so in anticipation for the next metal gear solid game, i've been running through the series to get myself all caught up

mgs - great for those who are new to the series
mgs2 - that end conversation blew my mind, best in the series so far
mgs3 - good gameplay, pretty good plot, i think the theme song is the best thing about it though
mgs4 - better gameplay, fine story and a nice way to end some seemingly endless plotholes and whatnot

currently playing peace walker, which takes place not very long before ground zeroes and phantom pain, and while it's a pretty neat base-building army management simulator i'd rather just plow through the story and be done with it. someday i'll probably get around to playing the old metal gear and metal gear 2, but to speed things up i just watched a movie of the gameplay and story. not to mention half the shit gets ret-conned as each game comes out anyway, so really just reading a sum-up is the best thing to do for those.

I mostly agree, but here's how I rank the series personally.

MGS2 > MGS3 > MGS > MGS4 > .........................................................Peace Walker (though I do love Fultoning random guys)

Looking forward to MGSV because it seems to be the last non-pachinko or slot machine thing Konami seems willing to put out.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2015 7:51 am 
Tired of Earth.

i can agree with that order, i was kinda eh on mgs2 until that ending speech, my mind was blown. i have no doubts mgsv will either take over my spot as best mgs or second best mgs. i would probably rank mgs above mgs3 but the gameplay annoys me so it kinda loses points on that.

oh, and i'll eventually get to metal gear rising even though it doesn't really matter, and of course replay ground zeroes just before phantom pain.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:14 am 

WJK wrote:
i can agree with that order, i was kinda eh on mgs2 until that ending speech, my mind was blown. i have no doubts mgsv will either take over my spot as best mgs or second best mgs. i would probably rank mgs above mgs3 but the gameplay annoys me so it kinda loses points on that.

oh, and i'll eventually get to metal gear rising even though it doesn't really matter, and of course replay ground zeroes just before phantom pain.

Rising does seem really crazy and fun despite also seeming like a Metal Gear fan-fic. I should probably play it sometime.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2015 12:12 am 
Tired of Earth.

oh, so i finally finished peace walker last week and played rising right after that.

rising is like when you take something that has a great story to it and just add on an action-filled sequel that isn't bad but isn't as good as the rest.

and now that i've started playing the phantom pain, oh man is this neat. it's great to not have to watch gameplay videos to pass the time now. on top of that the gameplay really is like pristine, this is the kind of stuff almost every game should have.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:43 pm 

I'm playing Predator: Concrete Jungle again for the first time in yeeeears.
I love this game so much.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 1992 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 96, 97, 98, 99, 100