WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Fanfilms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 2:51 pm 
The Watcher

I've been posting some interesting fan films since I started this site. Anybody have any favorites? The 14 year-old's commentary rocked. Love to get him in this forum.

Post subject: Re: Fanfilms
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:07 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

He's to Watchmen what the Star Wars Kid was to, um... Star Wars.

Snyder should cast him as the young Walter Kovacs. Petition, anyone? ;)

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:16 pm 
The Watcher

CLINT FLICKER wrote:
He's to Watchmen what the Star Wars Kid was to, um... Star Wars.

Thanks, CLINT. You heard it here first. David Walton has now been officially renamed "The Watchmen Kid."

But I would bet dollars to donuts David can kick the puss out of that wussy Star Wars kid...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 3:42 pm 
Indestructible Man

First of all, I think that kids are far and away smarter than they're usually given credit for. This 14-year old kid has already seen every one of Snyder's R-rated movies? And he's read Watchmen? In your face, MPAA!

That said, I'm not sure it was worth posting the video here. He raises a few good points, but none that I haven't heard elsewhere. Still, I'd love to have him on the forum (if he isn't here already).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 9:53 pm 
New Frontiersman

That kid had some really valid points and he elaborated on them very eloquently. Although, it did weird me out that he implied he not only saw Dawn of the Dead and 300, but also Little Children. He does, however, seem pretty mature for a 14 year-old. He'd probably be able to engage everyone here in some intelligent Watchmen-related discussions. Isn't it ironic that his video blog is probably the most mature thing on all of Youtube and he's only 14?

The release of atom power has changed everything except our way of thinking. The solution to this problem lies in the heart of mankind. If only I had known, I would have become a watchmaker. - Albert Einstein

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 11:25 pm 
The Watcher

This is why I posted it. Its lucid commentary, and he's 14. I though some folks would find it, informative, yet odd.

Post subject: Lil' Spartan
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:42 am 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

CLINT FLICKER wrote:
Snyder should cast him as the young Walter Kovacs. Petition, anyone? ;)

Rumor has it that the young Walter Kovacs has been perfectly cast. He will be played by the same kid who played the young Leonidas in 300. I'm not a big 300 fan, but I thought his scenes were just brutal. Totally convincing. Perfect for Walter.

But I agree that this kid is a very intelligent fan with some of the same concerns I've had. He references a forum where he learned of the script issues... I wonder if we know him by another name? Hurm.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:45 am 
Thermodynamic Miracle

We talking Eli Snyder (Hurm) who portrayed the 7/8 year old Leonidas?

In one, he gets to grow up into Gerard Butler, the other... Jackie Earle Haley. Damn. :D

Post subject: Child's Play
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 12:33 pm 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

CLINT FLICKER wrote:
We talking Eli Snyder (Hurm) who portrayed the 7/8 year old Leonidas?

In one, he gets to grow up into Gerard Butler, the other... Jackie Earle Haley. Damn. :D

That's the one. In real life, I think he could grow up to be a damn fine actor. The scene in 300 where he fought the other kid was powerful. I found it more convincing than the rest of the fighting.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:30 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

Well let's hope that he doesn't have as tough a transition between child and adult actor that his co-star Jackie Earle had. Maybe he could give him some on-set advice? ;)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:02 am 
Watchmaker

I'm only thirteen at the moment, but David had some extremely misinformed points. That's why I'm making my video as somewhat of a rebuttle.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:33 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Nice to have you here. I first read Watchmen when it came out 1986-87. I was 28 at the time. :)

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:50 am 
Watchmaker

Soupdragon wrote:
Nice to have you here. I first read Watchmen when it came out 1986-87. I was 28 at the time. :)

Great to be here. Someone creating a full-fledged Watchmen fansite is like a gift from god himself (itself, depending on religon).

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 8:35 am 
The Watcher

Rorsach wrote:
I'm only thirteen at the moment, but David had some extremely misinformed points. That's why I'm making my video as somewhat of a rebuttle.

Welcome, Rorscah (did you forget an "h" or did you want that screen name?). Remember, I didn't post David's video becuase I agreed with him. I found it interesting that someone who is 14 has read Watchmen, and could make some very intellectual comments on it. If you make a video, I can't promise it will make it on the site. I can promise I will look at it.

*As a side note, to anyone "under age" reading this post, please keep in mind this board only allows 13 and over. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:08 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Well everyone, I'm finally here. I'm really happy to see all of the positive feedback my video has been receiving. :D Really cool site by the way.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:13 pm 
Indestructible Man

DavidWWalton wrote:
Well everyone, I'm finally here. I'm really happy to see all of the positive feedback my video has been receiving. :D Really cool site by the way.

:shock:
Wow. Uh... welcome! Great to have you here.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 4:17 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

Thanks Curiosity. I haven't been on here to check for updates in quite a while, and im really surprised, a lot has happened in the past few weeks. I'm particularly happy to see that Snyder will be keeping the original ending.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 1:26 am 
Watchmaker

DavidWWalton wrote:
Thanks Curiosity. I haven't been on here to check for updates in quite a while, and im really surprised, a lot has happened in the past few weeks. I'm particularly happy to see that Snyder will be keeping the original ending.

Yeah. We're all very excited that Snyder is keeping his ass in check. :mrgreen: Nice to meet you David, good to see a fellow youngster around.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 4:27 am 
Watchmaker

DoomsdayClock wrote:
Rorsach wrote:

Welcome, Rorscah (did you forget an "h" or did you want that screen name?). Remember, I didn't post David's video becuase I agreed with him. I found it interesting that someone who is 14 has read Watchmen, and could make some very intellectual comments on it. If you make a video, I can't promise it will make it on the site. I can promise I will look at it.

*As a side note, to anyone "under age" reading this post, please keep in mind this board only allows 13 and over. Thanks.

Damn, I forgot to answer this post. Sorry about that DD, I hope I didn't come off as an arrogant pig. To answer your question about the screen name - I definitely wanted the original name that the character had, but I believe someone had taken it. :cry:

Post subject: WatchBoys to Men..?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 09, 2011 4:50 pm 
New Frontiersman

So, I see from the board's index page that The Watchmen Kid turned nineteen today.

Damn, I feel old.

Many Happy Returns, Mister Walton.