WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 1:37 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 6:58 pm 
Indestructible Man

ah i loved him in knocked up!
hehe he was so hilarious when he walked in at the end!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:30 pm 
Thermodynamic Miracle

AYBGerrardo wrote:
where do i recognise him from?....
oh btw on the subject of reasons to not like batman ;)

Well, Bats may have had some weird moments in the past...
:shock: (I figure everyone knows that one - but it's just too classic!) :D

...but nevertheless he's one of my favourite heroes!! And BB is a great movie!! 8-)

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 7:39 pm 
Indestructible Man

lmao!! i never saw that before!! brilliant!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 1:18 am 
Indestructible Man

Bump.

This could be the best thing that's happened to the Justice League movie since the project started.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 4:25 pm 
A brother to dragons.

The project needs to be scrapped unless they get Bale and Routh. In fact, it really needs to be scrapped until all of the major JLA members have had their own movies with good leads.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:10 pm 
Oh how the ghost of you clings...

I wish they would take Marvel's approach and establish the characters in their own, good movie. After that, they can begin to work on a JLA adaptation. I really hope the script gets re-written and that all the actors get replaced by older actors. What I really want to see (besides Watchmen) is a World's Finest movie starring Christian Bale and Brandon Routh.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:11 pm 
A brother to dragons.

Poncho_E wrote:
I wish they would take Marvel's approach and establish the characters in their own, good movie. After that, they can begin to work on a JLA adaptation. I really hope the script gets re-written and that all the actors get replaced by older actors. What I really want to see (besides Watchmen) is a World's Finest movie starring Christian Bale and Brandon Routh.

Yeah, I heard about Favreau agreeing to direct Avengers once the characters were established, that's a great way to do things.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:16 pm 

The Veidt Method wrote:
Poncho_E wrote:

Yeah, I heard about Favreau agreeing to direct Avengers once the characters were established, that's a great way to do things.

That and not rushing the script to beat the writer's strike.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 1:13 am 
A brother to dragons.

Poncho_E wrote:
The Veidt Method wrote:
Poncho_E wrote:

That and not rushing the script to beat the writer's strike.

Yeah, that's killing a lot of potentially good movies.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:12 pm 
Crimebuster

I actually read reports a few years ago that they were going to do a Batman vs. Superman movie. They weren't actually going to be fighting but they would have to work together on a common problem and their conflicting styles would lead to a conflict with each other and with themselves. Apparently Superman's rosy truth and justice, black and white view was going to be called into question, and Batman was going to have to face just how unbalanced and irrational his response to his parents deaths really is. Batman Begins and Superman Returns killed the idea though, as the studio opted to make those instead. I honestly don't think it would be a bad idea to make Batman vs. Superman, it would make money and answer the age old question, who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman? (actually I doubt it would answer anything, but that question is so popular I think it would get people into the theater.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 5:41 pm 

Chiffon Phantom wrote:
I actually read reports a few years ago that they were going to do a Batman vs. Superman movie. They weren't actually going to be fighting but they would have to work together on a common problem and their conflicting styles would lead to a conflict with each other and with themselves. Apparently Superman's rosy truth and justice, black and white view was going to be called into question, and Batman was going to have to face just how unbalanced and irrational his response to his parents deaths really is. Batman Begins and Superman Returns killed the idea though, as the studio opted to make those instead. I honestly don't think it would be a bad idea to make Batman vs. Superman, it would make money and answer the age old question, who would win in a fight, Batman or Superman? (actually I doubt it would answer anything, but that question is so popular I think it would get people into the theater.

Batman was beating the crap out of Superman in "The Dark Knight Returns." And he did it while being 55.

JLA is set to come out in 2009! The rumored cast of post teenagers seems to be the actual cast. It's obviously being rushed. Oh well, at least we'll all have neat little toys to play with. . .

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 1:41 pm 
Indestructible Man

Poncho_E wrote:
JLA is set to come out in 2009! The rumored cast of post teenagers seems to be the actual cast. It's obviously being rushed.
You don't say.

Just when you think WB has come to its senses, they pull this crap. I can't believe they are so greedy and short-sighted that they think this is going to turn out well just because the writer's strike is over.

Mark my words: When the actors go on strike this summer, WB will put the project on "indefinite hold" again, only to bring the project back -- with a Summer '09 release -- when that strike ends.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:51 pm 

Curiosity Inc. wrote:
Mark my words: When the actors go on strike this summer, WB will put the project on "indefinite hold" again, only to bring the project back -- with a Summer '09 release -- when that strike ends.

Actors are going to go on strike too? :shock:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:25 pm 
Indestructible Man

Poncho_E wrote:
Actors are going to go on strike too? :shock:
Yup. The directors went on strike as well, for a brief time during the WGA strike. The DGA was easy to negotiate with, though. The strike was over in just a few days.

The SAG (Screen Actors' Guild) will go on strike this summer, for the same reasons the DGA and the WGA went on strike earlier. Unfortunately, the SAG isn't very fond of the terms that the directors and writers agreed to. They want more, but they're not going to get it. And there's no way that the SAG will rally the same amount of solidarity the WGA could.

Translation: The strike won't be on for as long, but it'll be enough for the Justice League to be put on hold again. And when the strike is over, the production will continue limping on.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:36 am 
Intrinsic Field Subtractor

Nah, the directors' contract wasn't even up. They couldn't go on strike.

What many directors and actors did though was to refuse to cross the WGA picket lines. Similar result.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2008 1:52 am 
Indestructible Man

Vynson wrote:
Nah, the directors' contract wasn't even up. They couldn't go on strike.

What many directors and actors did though was to refuse to cross the WGA picket lines. Similar result.
Oh. Well, that explains why the DGA and the AMPTP were able to come to such a quick agreement.

Still, it's my understanding that the SAG is still set to go on strike next summer.

Post subject: Re: General Talk
PostPosted: Tue Mar 29, 2011 8:20 pm 
Indestructible Man

[NOTE: Thread merge and bump! --"Curiosity Inc."]

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/03/2 ... 42049.html

Having Darick Robertson as a facebook friend = awesome source of info.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 10:12 am 
Indestructible Man

feliciano182 wrote:

We should, like, totally reboot the same character every five years. Everyone should do that, it's an ace idea.

Oh wait, they've already got that covered? Cool.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2011 11:52 pm 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

^ LOL

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 12:48 am 
...look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!

Godziller66 wrote:
feliciano182 wrote:

We should, like, totally reboot the same character every five years. Everyone should do that, it's an ace idea.

Oh wait, they've already got that covered? Cool.

It's a good way to go... it's what comic publishing houses have been doing for decades, right?
If they had only done this rebootification before the Bryan Singer train wreck...
well, train wreck is perhaps inappropriate. 'Train wreck' would imply 'fast' and 'exciting'!

If Nolan is gonna helm or oversee this D.C. coaglification of it's heroes into an eventual Justice League movie, then it's finally time to feel good about it!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 309 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 16  Next