WatchmenComicMovie.com Forum

Talk about the Watchmen comic book mini-series and film
It is currently Sat Sep 20, 2014 2:57 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post subject: Watchmen Cosplay Thread
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:08 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

I know we have several threads for single characters such as Rorschach or Comedian, but I thought it would be better if we had one single thread for all the other 'misc' characters. Complete or In-Progress shots.

Do you have anything planned?

I've made Walter Kovacs already, but I'm currently putting together a Nite Owl I costume, and part of me really wants to make Mothman so I can just wander around acting drunk and disorderly all day :lol:

Also if you find any AWESOME cosplays other people have done, stick em up here too :)

-----

Here is my Walter Kovacs to start:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:44 pm 
Vigilante

My Rock Band alter ego is dressing up as Rorschach...

as best he can...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 6:57 pm 
Alien Squid Monster

haha, yes!
I actually just bought Rock Band and have named my band 'Crimebusters'. Which is a really sucky name for a band but I'd just come back frommy 2nd viewing..and I was alll hyped up again xD

I just bought some light brown leatherette for Nite Owl I's hood, got some yellow leatherette bookmarked to buy soon too. Does anyone know if he wears tights with the trunks?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:25 pm 
Vigilante

I was working on SSI before seeing the movie, and see a few areas where I was way off. I'll finish what I've started anyway, and then make a more accurate version later and post pics of me in the correct version. I've got a regency gown to make first. After the SSI correct version, I'll make Rorschach for my fiance and go to San Francisco at night, Market Street area, and get some good pics rather than in a con setting. I just need to finish the waist cincher, but would rather at least make this part correct so I can reuse it on the next one, though may just use the vinyl I already bought and then just remake it later.

I do stuff like this for a living. I have my own small business. It's awesome. If I had been here longer than a couple days, I'd share the link, but I've been around the 'net enough to know that people who are relatively new and sharing personal link are usually spammers. So unless asked, I'll wait and then share it.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:36 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

Shazz wrote:
I just bought some light brown leatherette for Nite Owl I's hood, got some yellow leatherette bookmarked to buy soon too. Does anyone know if he wears tights with the trunks?
In the film, yes! Flesh coloured tights for the film! It's very "Boy Wonder" looking! I bet he's hiding a pair of hairy legs underneath them. XD

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 12:36 am 
Vigilante

DogWithHeadSplitOpen wrote:
Shazz wrote:
In the film, yes! Flesh coloured tights for the film! It's very "Boy Wonder" looking! I bet he's hiding a pair of hairy legs underneath them. XD

Look for men's dance tights, such as for ballet. They have room in the crotch that men need to be comfortable.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 8:35 am 
A pretty butterfly.

The Silk Spectre wrote:
DogWithHeadSplitOpen wrote:
Shazz wrote:

Look for men's dance tights, such as for ballet. They have room in the crotch that men need to be comfortable.
They're very thick though. Try Capezio or Discount Dance Supply if you want to shop online.
Aaaaand thanks to the lovely Spectre I am picturing Clint Carleton in a dance belt. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:02 pm 
Vigilante

Fahnette wrote:
They're very thick though. Try Capezio or Discount Dance Supply if you want to shop online.
Aaaaand thanks to the lovely Spectre I am picturing Clint Carleton in a dance belt. :mrgreen:

LOL, jeteing across the stage? :D

I checked DDS last night before posting this hoping to be able to give a direct link. Their mens' tights are only in black and white right now. But Capezio directly or Danskin (I LOOOOOVE their ultrasoft miscrofiber) may have nude-colored.

Eh, just checked Capezio. No-go. The white is dyable though with Rit dye.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:17 pm 
A pretty butterfly.

The Silk Spectre wrote:
LOL, jeteing across the stage? :D

I checked DDS last night before posting this hoping to be able to give a direct link. Their mens' tights are only in black and white right now. But Capezio directly or Danskin (I LOOOOOVE their ultrasoft miscrofiber) may have nude-colored.

Eh, just checked Capezio. No-go. The white is dyable though with Rit dye.

suddenly my jokes about "Watchmen: The Ballet" don't seem so much like jokes anymore... 8-)

Shazz, body tights might not be a bad option for a Nite Owl 1, especially if you're wearing something on top that might be uncomfortable against bare skin. Whatever you get, make sure to go footed or convertible so they don't pull up too much around your ankles.
http://www.mainstreetdancewear.com/demo ... s+%26+Cart

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:26 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

I like the dancing tights better than my idea of thick pantyhose. Great suggestion.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 1:32 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

http://guilherme-briggs.deviantart.com/ ... -115161356 -click for detail

I asked this cosplay designer (Yukilefay whose playing Sally) how she did the pattern on Nite Owl's trunks. It was done with acyrlic paint and a TINNYYYY brush.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 11, 2009 2:07 pm 
...I am Pagliacci.

I snapped a pic of this girl dressed as Ozy on opening night... the elevator at the theater actually looks like that normally!

I liked her squid companion!

(sorry 'bout the low quality)

of life to the decoding of the undulation of things."
-Nabokov, "Signs and Symbols"

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 4:49 am 
Alien Squid Monster

Thanks for the suggestions, guys^^ I found some on ebay yesterday, plus got some lovely yellow spandex for the big Owl pants xD I also got me some leather gloves and boots, and looking at a good mid-brown suede jacket to customize.

I like the idea of using acrylic to add the pattern to the trunks, my other idea was to cut out the bits separately and sew them on to give a little bit of a relief feel. But I'll have to check the ref.pictures some more to see if that would look good or not.

SS, that's awesome you can do this for a living haha! I've been cosplaying for about 7 years now but I still don't think I'm good enough to do anything that professional LOL.

P.s. That girl dressed as Ozy is AWESOME! I really want to do Adrian one day, with the purple suit. That or Mothman...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 5:55 pm 
So impotent.

Hey all! I just joined here and thought I'd share my two Sally Costumes. The first one is from the comic and the second one is the movie (although it's still not complete. Needs the corset and wig and a few minor modifications).

Image Image

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:20 pm 
Indestructible Man

Welcome aboard, LadyS. That's some damn nice work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 6:24 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

I always wanted to dress up as purple-suit Adrian. It gives off that cosplayer vibe while not going too deep into "hardcore" territory.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:18 pm 
So impotent.

Thank Curiosity! Glad you like them.

BlackDoom, you do realize that if you wear that, it's ok for people to sing that Night at the Roxbury song whenever you walk by. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:25 pm 
Silk Swinger of Suburbia

LadyS wrote:
BlackDoom, you do realize that if you wear that, it's ok for people to sing that Night at the Roxbury song whenever you walk by. ;)

*bobs head*

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:52 pm 
Gazing into the abyss.

Nite Owl I costume references. My love for Hollis UNBOUNDED:

Last edited by DogWithHeadSplitOpen on Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:21 am 
Alien Squid Monster

LOL fantastic! I'm stealing some of those for ref. too.

What fabric are his trunks made out of? I thought I could make them from spandex,but now I see it's not that at all :roll: